There’s nothing Thriftier than being environmentally aware and conscious of the world around you. Toms of Maine, a maker of quality natural products for the body including soaps, deodorants, dental products, is now helping in that effort of being environmentally aware while being Thrifty at the same time.
Through a Rivers Awareness Partnership(tm) program with American Rivers and River Network, Tom’s of Maine is looking to support and honor people that take an active role in their communities.From now through October 31, 2008 the partnership will focus on river heroes who help improve water quality and also get other around them to be involved. You may win a Toyota Prius as a result of your good deeds.
Here’s how to enter:
Now through October 31, 2008, river supporters are invited to create their own, original video that demonstrates how they are making a positive impact on the rivers in their community. Here are the simple steps to enter:
*Document a local river story on video
* Log onto www.tomsofmaine.com and click on ‘River Stories Video Contest ‘ link to complete the online entry form
* Visit www.youtube.com to set up a free account and confirm login information
* A valid email address is required to create an account
* Go to www.youtube.com/group/riverstories and click JOIN THIS GROUP to submit the entry
* Video entries should not exceed 10 minutes and/or 100 MB in size, and must comply with YouTube submission guidelines
* For complete contest rules visit www.tomsofmaine.com
One grand prize winner will be awarded a 2008 Toyota Prius Hybrid
For more information in the River Awareness Partnership visit